There are certain truths you come to understand the more time you spend making money online – or trying to.
Witness the evolution of marketing online.
Whether you are new to the net game or an experienced pro, there is one thing you will have in common if you are moving towards entrepreneurial success.
As you read this article you will realize what you have in common with all the other million dollar earners online, and what you’re missing that can take you from where you are to where you want to be.
So let’s get started shall we?
I will begin with a bullet point list and short explanation of the marketing necessities you want to have:
For starters, most established markets will already be using this by default:
- A Domain: something specific to what you want to promote like (ex.www.mysite.com)
- Hosting: a place to put your site, if you’re planning on making money – find a paid solution so you look like a credible business and you cut back on high traffic crashes.
- A website: your image your presence and your marketing message, don’t get pulled into the trap I see everywhere of trying to put too many choices on your website. Maximize on the effectiveness by only giving one purpose to a page. For example if you want to build a list - focus all your efforts and copy on that singular focus, if you want your site to sell a product, then only put that focus on your site. You’ll also need a good editing program, and an ftp software to get this up and moving.
- A merchant account: If you have something to sell, people will need a way to pay you. There are a ton of great providers out there, but there are a specific few that give your visitors the security to pull out a credit card with assurance.
- An Autoresponder: This is a real necessity if you want a business and not just a hobby. When you have a family to support this is a real no brainer. This is your email follow up service. You get a name added to your list and this is where they go. You will use this to stay in touch and build relationships with your customers and soon-to-be customers.
- A helpdesk: in the beginning when your business and sales are small you can handle all the little questions and emails yourself. One of the things that will keep a small business is small is thinking “I can do that myself” if you want to truly grow; you need to share the workload (petty tasks) and focus on what you truly want to do creatively for your business.
- Membership Site software: once you’re addicted to the internet marketing lifestyle, you will realize this oh-so-simple fact, it’s great to make a sale, but it’s even better to make a sale once and get paid for it every month. Continuity is king.
- Teleconferencing software: If you want an easy way to create and crank out high ticket products, audios and a transcript is an easy to make, high-value product.
Of course everything we’ve touched on so far only scratches the surface, but these are the necessities that not only get you started but will make you above average. Keep your eyes peeled for more articles that will take you from beginner to winner.
We’ll cover resources that will help you stay organized and expand your business to make you truly prosperous such as:
-PDF creators and converters
- Mind mapping software
- Site tools to make your business a set and forget it – money magnet
- Internet video and audio creating software
- And the how-to’s of outsourcing
Keep learning, and most important: be persistent – it will be a quality you share with the biggest money makers online today…
To get more information or download your own copy of the Resource Report for free visit:
Affiliate Home Business Solutions Highly Recommends
Free Subscription to Revenue Magazine
Shine a Light
As interactive agencies battle it out for clients, the tech-savvy shops are winning clients from the traditional Madison Avenue types. It's been seven years since interactive agency Razorfish embarrassed itself on national television. When reporter Mike Wallace of CBS' "60 Minutes" asked the agency's co-founders what the company does, the answer was none too clear. by Eric Reyes
The Web Crawler
Old Guard Blowing New Smoke
Seasoned interactive marketing executives are starting new ventures and looking to resolve old issues and wow the industry at the same time. I don't much like making predictions – especially ones that might come back to haunt me. But I feel certain of two things going into the New Year: first, that many of the online marketing pioneers will reemerge in new industry roles, and second, that despite constant urgings ... by The Spider
Winning With Authority
Some see the increased involvement of the government in online marketing as Big Brother, while others say it's the reality of big business. By John Gartner
Paying for content and services is out. But will the alternative of ad-supported sites and platforms take over the world? By Eric Reyes
Looking for a Few Good Affiliates
Many are trying to overcome the affiliate recruitment conundrum with fresh approaches and new tools. By Alexandra Wharton
They Can Hear Us Now
The president of the Mobile Marketing Association says that ads on mobile devices will only get better, more widespread and easier to create and measure. By Eric Reyes
Fracas Over Facebook and Trepidation With Twitter
Social media platforms are booming, but online marketers should tread carefully. By Alexandra Wharton
Affiliate Advantage: Rexanne Mancini
The Free Thinker By Alexandra Wharton
Revenue magazine helps you master the art of affiliate marketing.